Been a Long While Baby!  

Posted by Job

Sa Baguio

So, this pic was taken back in college, should be around seven or so years old.

This just might be the only pic I have with the most of us in it. Usually it's just in the three to four range.

L-R Front Row:
That's Donna in the white shirt. Last I heard, she's tutoring pre-pubescent young boys. Hopefully just tutoring. Roselle is in denim top and bottom. She's now married with one kid, and Trend Micro survivor.
L-R Rear: Juay is the slutty one unzipping her jacket. She's a virgin teacher in Woodrose. Sef is the booby one in.. yellow I think. She's in Angara's staff. The long-haired dude in the trench coat is Jeff. Should be hardly recognizable by now, Simone's daddy. That's me in the sleeveless shirt. No updates on me. Then there's Joan, only her head is visible. She's somewhere in the Americas, taking care of her baby. There's Frannie, still in Angara's staff. Not a big update there. Charlie is... hrmmmm, I dunno where/what. I last saw her in a wake. Then there's Karr, the one with the hat. I believe she's happily married, and with a son. And crush-ng-bayan Peter. He's supposedly managing a salon somewhere up north.

One thing I should have learned from watching Friends, is that it's very hard to keep hanging out when you're miles apart. If you don't live across the hall, it's difficult to do pretty much anything together. Really, any telco provider out there can make an ad campaign about this one. I blame that transportation sucks in this country. I blame being slaves to work. I blame getting old. Work kept getting in the way, and then babies, and then other stuff, and then just plain laziness.

You'd think Facebook and Twitter would make a difference. But it's not really the same. What you hear in the Internet will always remain just something you heard in the Internet. Nothing will ever come close to hours spent watching DVDs, nights wasted drinking cheap cocoa, days stuck on a damn near unwinnable video game level, the millions of steps wandering around the mall, and the faded neoprints.

Times have changed. I've gotten older. My tolerance for alcohol and loud music is gone. I find myself trying to understand finances and reading up on funds and shit. I spend long weekends at home catching up on TV and sleep.

I had fake meat for dinner at Bodhi in SM North and caught myself missing a friend we've never heard from for years now.

You never really lose friends. Even when you don't see them much. And I know, after I'm done with my worldly pursuits and they're done with theirs. We'll bring it all back. Someday, I'll find them all again.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at Tuesday, December 07, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment