Buhay Esem North II  

Posted by Job in

Before the Block was there, it was just a huge parking space for SM North. And the Supersales club was more than just a Bingo place, Parking building, and LTO Driver's License renewal center. It was a big Uniwide kind of department store where you could pick up just about anything. I used to do my groceries back there during my college days. I remember my staples. Every week, I'd buy a big can of Maling (sometimes I'd get Purefoods Luncheon Meat for variety's sake) and a pack of Lucky Me! instant noodles. They came in packs of five there. I'd also get some random cheap SM Bonus food item, usually cheese. I'd live on that for the entire week.

The World of Fun in Supersales Club also had a videoke machine where we've witness people murder popular songs. I specifically remember a guy who always sang Bryan Adam's Heaven every fucking time. I remember him because he'd sing, "Poooom! Baby you're all that I want... with you lying here in my arms.." There was also a guy who keeps on mispronouncing the lyrics of 'Till Death Do Us Part by White Lion. I mean, what the hell does "Jubilee you every day" mean?

But the best memory about that place was when Jeff belted out Bon Jovi's It's My Life. I can still remember the sheer terror on the kid's face as he did that. The poor kid just wanted to watch the video games and pretend to play. Unfortunately, as Jeff got to the chorus, he was separated from his mom by Jeff and the videoke machine.

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 11, 2010 at Thursday, February 11, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment